Citybound could be everything players wanted from SimCity and is being developed by one man who seems to know what he is doing. Here is everything you need to know about Citybound.
Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK, thanks so much!
Anselm Eickhoff started development of a new city building game, inspired by SimCity and A-Train. SimCity used to be a great game back in days and if Citybound will look anything like that I am positive it will attract numerous fans. The vision is to create an indie city building simulator that will be single-player. A game where players will be able to experience simulation of individuals and entities, a place that SimCity used to be. With all its community features and micromanagement.
Citybound will differ in some features:
- Single-player game that will work completely offline – fans of the genre will surely like that.
- The goal is to simulate one whole, huge region at once – no need for tiny city lots or artificial city interaction dynamics.
- It will be affordable and will not rely on DLC – you can already donate through the site.
- Alpha and Beta versions will be available for a reduced price – another feature we used to love with older games.
- Moddability will be a priority, not an afterthought – you can imagine what Modders will do with a game. They improved several good games such as Minecraft and Skyrim.
- Citybound will be bundled with its own browser – players will be able to share a 3D snapshot of their own city with others, in a simple way where everyone will be able to explore the shared snapshot in their regular browser.
The game already has a basic two-lane roads which can be created by click and drag method, a large city filled with cars, basic lot and building generation and few other elements needed for a city building game. Most elements need more work, but as soon as I seen images it reminded me of old SimCity games that I used to play for months.
One person is trying to develop all this and you might think that cannot be done right. Unless you have played Banished and experienced one of the best city builders ever. Citybound is in early stage and there is lots to be done. So far it looks very promising, and those who liked glorious days of SimCity will find this title to be everything we wanted from that famous game, but never got it. Visit Citybound blog to stay informed on the progress.
Dolores is SEO and Digital Marketing consultant who has been completely hog-washed into doing this site by KC.