Game of Thrones The Game follows first book of the Song of Ice and Fire saga. The game starts at the time when Jon Arryn, former Hand of King Robert Baratheon, has been found dead. In the game you can choose between two characters' classes – Alester’s and Mors whose original story has been canonized by George R.R. Martin himself to completely integrate the original story in the books. While playing Game of Thrones The Game, you will find references to books, locations, and characters of Game of Thrones saga in a form of genuine Westeros Encyclopaedia which can be consulted at any time.
Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK, thanks so much!
Game of Thrones is an RPG (role-playing game) and as such it offers a selection of characters’ class, style of combat, and includes some epic fights. You will also gain experience needed to improve your skills or learn new ones, obtain weapons, armour, and gear that best suits your combat approach.
Along with combat skills, players will have to demonstrate their political talent. Well played dialogues will get you out of critical situations, and earn you experience points that can be used to advance your character.
As any RPG styled game, Game of Thrones features a numerous exploration areas. These areas need to be searched in detail to find precious objects and gold dragons. Inspecting the bodies of your fallen enemies can also show useful in collecting armour, potions, weapons, archives etc.
There are 2 playable characters’ classes:
- Skinchanger (Mors) - with his Skinchanger power, Mors can control animals to dig up objects, track down his prey, or even follow a vast number of trails to open up interesting side quests. Mors’ has a dog that can violently attack or disarm an enemy.
- Magnar – Adept in one on one fighting combat style, Magnar is an offensive, fearsome soldier who is able to carry two weapons at any given moment. Fury is his favourite skill.
- Landed Knight – the Landed Knight prefers defense rather than offense, and is capable to absorb a lot of damage. Taunt is his favourite skill, but he also uses buffing and stunning abilities in a combat.
- Hedge Knight – Carrying a heavy two-handed style weapons, the Hedge Knight is fearless when attacking a group of enemies. Massacre, his favourite skill, will do a decent damage to enemies that stand in his way.
- R’hllor (Alester) – Alester can call on his red priest powers to cast powerful magical fire spells that is handy for flushing out hidden objects or doors, and striking crushing attacks on enemies. Using the power of light’s, Alester can enflame his weapons, or even inflict devastating zone attacks on his enemies.
- Water Dancer – His attacks are based on agility and dexterity. By using his favourite skill Cocksure, the Water Dancer can do massive damage while striking back after he dodged an attack of his enemies.
- Sellsword – as an Assassin, the Sellsword specializes in attacking enemies from behind, and in the use of poison. His Backstab skill can be ravaging, of course only if his enemy is not paying an attention to the Sellsword.
- Archer – Archer prefers to strike from a distance by using his bow or a crossbow. His favourite skill allows him to fire an explosive arrow that can stun a group of enemies and inflict severe damage to them.
Combat might be a bit linear, but if you want to play a good game that follows the story, then Game of Thrones the Game should definitely be on your list.
Dolores is SEO and Digital Marketing consultant who has been completely hog-washed into doing this site by KC.