Skyrim Apple Cabbage Stew is so tasty and easy to prepare at home. Throwing a party, or just want to enjoy a good meal? Here is how to prepare this delicious stew.
Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK, thanks so much!
In the game we have to use Cabbage, Red Apple and Salt Pile to cook an Apple Cabbage Stew. I have added just one more ingredient to it, because stew wouldn’t be a stew without onion. Onion gives it that silky taste and thickens a stew better than any stock cubes. This one is actually sweet and sour, and goes well with a drink.
Here, we always serve sauerkraut at weeding parties, simply because it soaks in alcohol and you can continue to have fun all night long. So if you are throwing a party, this is how you can spark it up with a recipe found in Skyrim.
Apple Cabbage Stew Ingredients
- 3 sweet red apples.
- 500g sauerkraut, use the one that has been naturally made. Canned sauerkraut isn’t good as it tastes very different and won’t give the kick.
- 2 medium sized onions.
- 2 tsp of salt. You can use more or less, depends on your taste buds.
- 200ml water.
Cooking Apple Cabbage Stew: Directions
- Peel and finely chop onions. Add it to a pan with just enough oil to cover the bottom. Put on a low heat and simmer until onion gets soft and silky texture.
- Meanwhile, open sauerkraut and empty it into a strainer. Rinse lightly and let it drain. If you rinse it for too long, all the taste will be gone. 10-15 seconds under a mild flow of water should be enough.
- Once onions look nice and silky, add sauerkraut into the pan. Stir and continue to simmer on low heat.
- When all the liquid has evaporated, add water and continue to cook. Don’t worry if the base starts sticking to a pan, as long as it doesn't get burnt you’ll be fine.
- Rinse, peel and dice apples. Add them into your stew and stir well.
- Add salt and stir again. Cook until most of the water has evaporated. You will know it’s done, when stew thickens.
If you prefer hot and spicy food, rinse and chop 1 fresh chilli pepper, and simmer it with onions. You can also decorate plates with parsley or coriander. I cannot stand coriander, but people are mad about it. Parsley works better though as it doesn't take over the sauerkrat taste.
Serve warm or hot. Trust me your mates are going to love it. After having a few drinks, sauerkraut works a miracle. Even if they never played Skyrim, people will still enjoy an Apple Cabbage Stew.
Dolores is SEO and Digital Marketing consultant who has been completely hog-washed into doing this site by KC.