It seems like a lifetime has passed since games were like Pac-Man and Frogger. Today, video games are the most popular mean of entertainment in the world. That is not a big surprise, but it might be shocking to find out that parents are playing games more than teenagers.
Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK, thanks so much!
Just when you thought you knew everything about video games, a surprise came from statistics. We all know how many young adults play games and live their virtual life more than they live the real one. Computer and video games experienced such a huge growth this year that the industry became more profitable than any other.
Here are some video games industry stats for 2013
- Male gamers are still in majority, but this year 45% of all people playing games were female.
- The average age of those who buy games is 35.
- The average age of a gamer is 34. Women aged 18 or older represent 31% of a market, while guys age 17 or under have only 19% of share.
- Puzzle, board, game show, trivia, and card games are the most popular of all online games with 34% of a market, opposed to persistent multiplayer universe that falls down to 14%.
- When it comes to mobile devices 36% of gamers play their games on smartphone, and 25% on their wireless device. Most popular games for mobile devices are the same as for consoles and PC, and multiplayer games are down to 4% here.
- People that play video games more than they did three years ago spend less time playing board games, watching TV and movies, and going to the movies.
- Parents play video games with their kids at least once a week, and more play games with their friends either in person, or online.
- Casual games are best-selling, followed by shooter and action game.
Video games are proven to be beneficial for children and adults alike. Playing video games can strengthen your brain, help you evolve new skills, and they certainly provide a good entertainment. It is good to see how attitude towards video games is changing. For years parents believed that games are to be blamed for violence and other issues, but now we all know that is no true at all. there have been studies to prove how beneficial playing a game could be, and how even violent ones will not cause a child to become a violent person.
Dolores is SEO and Digital Marketing consultant who has been completely hog-washed into doing this site by KC.