Skyrim Valentine’s Day Menu is not about chocolate and then some more chocolate. Skyrim fans know that chocolate is not good for health and stamina, that’s why we have our own food to serve to loved ones.
Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK, thanks so much!
It should be all about love, whether you want to express love to your partner or to yourself, this Valentine’s Day Menu is based on Skyrim recipes and ingredients found in our favourite game. If the recipe wasn’t red enough, I added a new ingredient, without changing the base items in a meal. Complete menu with appetizer, main course and dessert will certainly spark up the lovers’ day. Even Alduin fell in love after tasting these delicious meals.
Skyrim Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup is one of the real world recipes that has been improved in Skyrim. Next time your loved ones complains about your addiction to this game, you can server them this tasty soup and prove how playing Skyrim is not a waste of time.
- 250 ml tomato puree
- 2 medium sized leeks
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 50 ml cooking cream or crème fraiche
- 250 ml water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper or dried chilli pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cut the beard of the leeks, and cut into the leeks. Don’t split them in half just yet.
- Wash the inside of the leeks thoroughly as there might be a lot of dirt.
- Once all clean, dice them into small cubes.
- Add olive oil and leeks into a pot and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Add garlic and black pepper (or dried chilli pepper) and continue to simmer for 4-5 more minutes, until the juices are released.
- Mix sugar and tomato puree. You don’t want it to taste sour, it’s Valentine’s Day after all. Sugar will make tomato puree taste just perfect, but not sweet.
- The last step is to add tomato puree and water and cook for 20 minutes on a low heat. Stir occasionally and add salt to taste.
Since this is a creamy soup it can be served hot or cold. Pour it into a plate or a bowl and decorate with crème fraiche.
Skyrim Leg of Goat Roast
OK, so in game we use only the leg of goat and salt, which isn’t really tasty. I modified the recipe to use lamb instead and added few more ingredients. Although the food will look exactly the same after it has been done. Of course we need a side dish and what goes better with roasted lamb then some potatoes. Since it is lover’s day and we need red, cherry tomatoes or tomato sauce will do well.
- 1 leg of lamb, the size is up to you
- 2 rosemary stalks
- Olive oil
- 1 can of lager (or beer), the quality matters
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 500 g potatoes
- Rinse lamb, rub in salt and let it rest for an hour.
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add them into a pot and cover with water.
- Once the water boils, add salt to taste.
- Cook potatoes for 20 minutes. Drain them and add to a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Add lamb in a baking tray, rub in rosemary and cover with oil.
- Place the tray in the oven.
- Pour some lager over the food every 5 minutes.
- Once the lamb starts getting a crispy skin, lower the heat to 180C.
- Continue to pour lager every 10-15 minutes until the whole can is gone.
- Roast for hour and half to two hours if you like the meat to be well done.
- Take the food out, turn the oven off and let your roast to rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Decorate plates with cherry tomatoes, or just pour some tomato sauce over to add the Valentine’s touch. Don’t throw all the juices that are left in a tray. Pour it over the food and the taste will be irresistible.
This is the best lamb roast you ever had, and you knwo about it because you play Skyrim.
Skyrim Boiled Crème Treat
Boiled Crème Treat was bit tricky as there is no information on ingredients in Skyrim. It does look like a donut so that is the direction I am going for. Since I have done these donuts a while ago, you can replace the icing sugar with a raspberry jam to make it all red. Also, if you cannot be bothered to make donuts from scratch, buy then and then decorate to taste.
- 500 g self-rising flour
- 70 g oil
- 50 g fresh yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 250 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 g sugar
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 lemon (zest)
- Frying oil
- 50 ml rum
- Raspberry jam or any other red one
- Warm up the milk and add yeast into it. Let it rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Add flour, 70 g of oil, salt, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and run into a large bowl.
- Slice vanilla stick in half and remove beans with a spoon. Add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add yeast and mix all ingredients together.
- Shape donuts with your hands, should be around 80 g of mixture per donut.
- Spread some flour over a baking tray and place donuts on it. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise, until they double in size.
- Now, add enough oil into a pot so that donuts can float in it. They should not touch the bottom of a pot.
- Best way to check the oil temperature is to put a wooden spoon in and take it straight out. If you can see the bubbles forming around the spoon, the oil is ready. Fry on medium heat so it doesn’t get too hot.
- Place donuts in the heated oil. The side of a donut that was rising should face the bottom of a pot.
- Cover the pot and fry for 4 minutes. Uncover, turn the donuts and fry for another 4 minutes.
- Take them out and place on a kitchen towel as it will soak the oil.
- Continue until all donuts are done
- Once donuts have cooled down, spread a red jam over.
I know it sounds complicated, but it’s worth a try. You can always buy donuts to quicken up the process.
Perfect meal has to be accompanied by a good wine or a cocktail.
Skyrim Spiced Wine
We cannot see ingredients in game, but here we have something similar to spiced wine. Skyrim Valentine’s Menu would not be complete without a good red wine.
- 1 l red wine, preferably Teran
- 50 g sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 slices of bread
- Toast bread slices and leave them aside for now.
- Add wine into a pot and warm it up slightly.
- Remove wine from pot and pour it into a jug.
- Add sugar, pepper and olive oil.
- Dip in toasted bread and serve warm.
So, this is my Valentine’s Day Menu that has been based on Skyrim recipes and ingredients. You can serve some Skyrim Garlic Bread with tomato soup and have the perfect appetizer.
Dolores is SEO and Digital Marketing consultant who has been completely hog-washed into doing this site by KC.