VGX 2013 offered more world-premieres than any show previously. It had some very cool games presented, exciting announcements, and here is the summary of it all.
Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK, thanks so much!
When everyone thought VGX will be boring and disappointing, Spike surprised us fun elements in the show.
VGX 2013 Winners
- Overall Game of the Year: Grand Theft Auto V
- Most Anticipated game: Titanfall
- Best PC game: Gone Home
- Best Xbox game: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Best Nintendo game: Super Mario 3D World
- Best PlayStation game: The Last of Us
- Best Handheld game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Best Casual Game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Best RPG: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Best Indie game: Gone Home
- Best Action/Adventure: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Best Shooter: BioShock Infinite
- Best Sports game: NBA 2K14
- Best Mobile Game: Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time
- Best Driving Game: Forza Motorsport 5
- Best Fighting Game: Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Best DLC: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Character of the year: The Lutece Twins (BioShock Infinite)
- Best Voice Actor: Troy Baker as Joel (Last of Us)
- Best soundtrack: GTAV
- Best Voice Actress: Ashley Johnson as Ellie (Last of Us)
- Studio of the Year: Naughty Dog
- Best Song in a game: "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" (BioShock Infinite)
VGX Games News
Respawn said they’re definitely thinking about Titanfall Beta, and confirmed that Xbox 360 and Xbox One Titanfall versions will not have Kinect integration.
Devs of Walking Dead are working on new Borderlands game named “Tales from the Borderlands” which will launch as a series in 2014.
No Man’s Sky is one of the most ambitious titles for next-gen consoles. Indie game, set in a procedural sci-fi world was the coolest surprise of VGX Awards 2013.
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition has been confirmed, with January 28, 2014 being a release date for Xbox One and PS4.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will be with us on February 21, with new playable character named Cranky Kong.
Telltale confirmed Game of Thrones and a teaser trailer was played at Spike VGX awards 2013. The TV series seems to be the main inspiration for the game, but Telltale said it will be “taking advantage of all the fiction” for its adaptation.
Alan Wake devs said they are working on action strategy game for iOS. The new game called Agents of Storms which according to devs “hasn’t been done on the platform before.”
Double Fine revealed Elijah Wood joined the cast of Broken Age. Elijah Wood will lend his voice to Shay, one of the main characters in a game.
Dying Light confirmed resolution for PlayStation 4 at 1080p. The game will also be available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, but not on Wii U.
Ubisoft promises unprecedented level of realism in Tom Clancy’s The Division. "Never before has a video game reached this level of detail," Ubisoft said.
Telltale had a lot to say and their projects are highly anticipated, especially Game of Thrones. Ubisoft has promised us the most realistic game ever, we can’t wait to see it. As you can see there have been fun and exciting elements of Spike VGX Awards Show 2013. For those who haven’t seen live streaming, trailers and other announcement will be swarming the net soon. It is worth watching new Titanfall trailer, the game has been voted as the most anticipated game of the year.
Dolores is SEO and Digital Marketing consultant who has been completely hog-washed into doing this site by KC.